What a year 2020 has been! We know that these past months have looked very different for all of us, including the ways we have been able to serve and love your students. There is so much in our world that is changing, but our mission to love students to love Jesus will never change.This fall we are now meeting together in person for Hang Ten on Wednesday Nights. We are so excited and also want you to know how we are addressing Covid-19 concerns. A typical Wednesday Night during this time includes the following precautions:
- 6:00-6:30 will be an optional time for students that will function as a bring your own dinner to eat with your small group/ small group hang time/games in small groups. This helps keep our groups small and spread out.
- We will be meeting outdoors on our Loretto Road Campus where the sanctuary is, not the Mandarin Road Campus where Hang 10 previously met.When students check in, there will be hand sanitizer. We will encourage them to use it in small group time as well.
- Students will need to bring a chair to sit on. They can bring their own or purchase one of our new Hang10 camping chairs for $15. (If you forget, we will have folding chairs available to use during the night.)
- Masks will be required anytime students are not seated, including upon arrival. Seats will be spaced apart. Masks will also be required indoors in the case of moving to the rain plan* or anytime students go inside to use the restroom.
- At times we may provide snacks, in which case they will all be individually wrapped.
- All games played will be physically distanced. There will be some activities with shared touch items, like throwing a football or a frisbee.
- For now, we won’t be singing during Hang10.
- Small groups will be in circles of 10 or less students with at least one leader and will be socially distanced.
- There will be a parent security team walking the campus during the night.
Scenario 1. If it rains heavily during the day so much so that the fields are soaked, or is raining prior to and during Hang10, we will cut the optional dinner time and start at 6:30pm inside the sanctuary, spaced apart and wearing masks at all times.
Scenario 2. If it starts to rain part way through the night, we will move inside the sanctuary for the talk/other rooms throughout the campus for small group time, with students spaced apart and masked in both spaces.