MPC Daily Bread Food Pantry
Volunteer position description: Assist on a quarterly basis with assembling, bagging and preparing food items.
Person to contact if interested: Wayne Gaff by email or call the MPC church office at 680.9944
Volunteer position description: YoungLives is a ministry associated with Young Life for vulnerable teen moms. Volunteers work with the moms or care for infants and toddlers of young mothers while they participate in YoungLives activities.
Time commitment: 3 hours a night, no more than two Monday nights a month
Training needed: Child care skills, must successfully complete YoungLife background check.
Spiritual gifts, passion that would best fit this position: love of little babies and their moms, serving, helping nurturing, caring.
Person to contact if interested: email Margaret Schrader.
Volunteer position description: Work with other Christians at MPC to help with minor (sometimes not so minor) household repairs for seniors, single moms as primary mission.
Time commitment: Almost all projects are done on Saturday mornings between 8:00 A.M. and noon.
Training needed: None. We are delighted when someone has repair skills but none are required. If you can carry lumber for example you are good to go. God has provided us with very skilled team members who can direct and teach those of us that are not as skilled.
Gifts and Abilities: Helping, Serving, giving, building, engineering, improving, landscaping, repairing
Person to contact if interested: Email Randy Hester.
Salvation Army Volunteer Server
Volunteer Position Description: Helping to serve dinner Sunday evenings at the downtown Salvation Army (address: 900 W. Adams St.) Volunteers prepare plates, serve the meals, and wash down tables afterward.
Time Commitment: 6-7pm Training Needed: none, willingness to serve Spiritual gifts, passion that would best fit this position: mercy, hospitality, faith, encouraging, cooking, serving
Person to contact if interested: Email Patty Heard.
World Relief Refugee Support
Volunteer Description: opportunities could include any of the following:
- Buy groceries for refugee families
- Provide welcome kits for new arrivals
- Apartment set up for new arrivals
- Airport pick up for new arrivals
- Host a Vacation Bible School or Kids Fun Day at apartment complex
- Prayer Walks in apartment complex
- Collect donations
- English Tutoring at Refugee’s home
- Skills Training at Refugee’s home
- Become a Cultural Companion [friendship/advice/practice English/adjustment to America]
- Bible Studies at apartment complexes [Men’s/Women’s/Mom’s/Youth groups]
- Apartment Outreaches [examples: April-Easter Egg Hunt for kids/August-School Supplies Give-a-way/November-Provide Thanksgiving Meal]
Time Commitment: Varies on the type of project. 1-2 hours or more. One time commitment or more regular volunteer opportunities.
Training needed: None
Spiritual gifts, passion that would best fit this position: Helping, Serving, building, hospitality, encouragement, teaching, giving.
Person to Contact: Email Silvia Almond.